GHOSTS & SPIRITS
It is generally accepted that a ghost is the energy, soul or spirit of a deceased person that can appear to the living in visible or some other form such as sound, smell, touch or sensation. Although skeptics claim that there are no such things as ghosts, stories and tales of spirits and hauntings go back to the dawn of mankind.
Paranormal Researchers present a number of reasons as to why they feel hauntings occur. Very often, the reasons presented include the following:
- Reluctance to pass over for a reason (for example, fear of retribution for something they have done)
- Attachment to a specific person or place
- Unfinished business
- A traumatic event that happened in the past
- May have become trapped between this plane of existence and the next
- May not be aware that they are actually dead
- Desire to protect a living person
- Seeking help (or perhaps acknowledgement or recognition)
- Seeking justice for a wrong that they were subjected to
- In visitation
Who knows for definite whether ghosts actually exist. There is a mounting body of evidence that would certainly appear to suggest their existence but it is important that you make up your own mind as to what you chose to believe.
“Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.” – Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)