Some public locations that we have visited and continue to visit. We have also arranged open investigations and paranormal nights at these locations. Please note that Duncannon Fort is currently unavailable due to ongoing extensive renovations.
The first castle was built on the site in or around 1190, by the Norman De Prendergast family who went on to live there for 300 years. The castle was ruined on a number of occasions, has a dungeon which was referred to as an “oubliette”, was occupied by Cromwellian forces in 1649 and also served as a prison during the 1798 Rebellion before becoming a family home in 1951. The castle has demonstrated more than it’s fair share of paranormal activity.
A fort was built on this site by Normans in the 12th century and it is quite possible that there may have been an earlier earthen fort there before that. The present star fort was built in 1587–88 to defend Waterford from possible invasion by the Spanish Armada. Duncannon Fort has had an incredible history, having seen major military action during the Irish Confederate Wars. Oliver Cromwell tried and failed to retake Duncannon in 1649, but it surrendered in 1650 following a blockade..
In 1690 it hosted two kings, King James II sailed from the fort in July and King William III stayed at the Fort in September of that year. A lighthouse was constructed in 1774 and remains in use. The fort did not fall under United Irishmen (Rebel) control during the 1798 Rebellion and it was used as a prison and place of execution for rebels. Duncannon continued to be used as a fort by the British Army, being handed over to the Irish National Army only to burn down in 1922 during the Irish Civil War.
With multiple reports of spectres and apparitions as well as other paranormal activity, Duncannon Fort is a spectacular location for ghost hunting.
Due to ongoing extensive revovation works, access to Duncannon Fort is currently unavailable. We are in communication with Wexford County Council regarding this and we will advise when the location becomes available again.
Duckett’s Grove is a ruined 19th-century great house and former estate in County Carlow, Ireland. Originally, belonging to the Duckett family, it was formerly at the centre of a 12,000-acre estate that dominated the landscape of the Co. Carlow for hundreds of years.
It was originally built around 1830 and was subsequently redesigned in a castellated Gothic revival style by Thomas Cobden for John Davidson Duckett. The building incorporates a number of towers and turrets of varying shapes, with one tall octagonal turret rising from the structure.
Duckett’s Grove was destroyed by fire overnight on 20 April 1933 and comes with some incredible claims of paranormal activity.
Wicklow Gaol has been in existence since the late eighteenth century. It was extended in 1822 and further extended 1842-3. It was closed down by 1900 but reopened to hold republican prisoners during the Irish War of Independence and Irish Civil War; the last prisoners left Wicklow Gaol in 1924. With a gallows situated over the main door, it is reputed to be one of the most haunted buildings in the world.